Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Yours Truly

Valentine's Day really is all about the little things-- The little things that make you feel loved even if for just one day.  Here is 24 hours of hearts and hugs from people who love me.

Taryn-- my valentine that I've had a February 14th date with for 6 years running-- got me this. Best.Card.Ever. 


My precious gems are trying to fatten me up.


How sweet!




These showed up in my classroom as a surprise around 10am.  How sweet is he??!!  I blushed and everything.  One student asked who they were from and another responded, "Her fiance, duh."  Obviously they didn't see the card Taryn gave me.
Eat your heart out.  I surprised Giorgio with a homemade heart-shaped pizza for dinner.  YES,  it tasted as amazing as it looks.

Want a piece of this?? The recipe is posted below.

And finally... what's a Valentine's Day without a little wine, friends and bowling?



HOMEMADE PIZZA:
 (taken from my mother-in-law, Gilma.  Not to be mistaken with Giada though she should have her own cooking show.)

Ingredients:
1 container of homemade pizza dough (bought from Mariano's or Trader Joe's
1 container of peeled whole tomatoes
1 container of fresh mozzarella cheese
4 large cloves of garlic (or more if you are a garlic lover), minced
cornmeal
olive oil
fresh basil
salt & pepper

  1. Let the dough sit out of the container for about 20 minutes.  Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. 
  2. On a pizza pan or a baking sheet, drizzle olive oil and smear it around.  Shake cornmeal on top of that.  Lay down a good amount.  This is to keep the dough from sticking to the pan. 
  3. Drain the tomatoes and cheese, chop the garlic and basil while you are waiting.
  4. When the crust has been out for enough time, roll it into a ball and then spread the dough to the shape you want. 
  5. When the dough is in the right shape, place it on your prepared pizza pan.
  6. Lightly coat the dough with olive oil. 
  7. Spread the cheese down first.  (Put it under the tomatoes so the cheese doesn't burn.)
  8. Then add the minced garlic. 
  9. With your hands, break apart the tomatoes and cover the pizza. 
  10. Top with basil, salt and pepper.
  11. Put into the oven for about 30-40 minutes.  The crust will start to brown on the outside and the cheese will be a little bubbly.  It will look like a cooked pizza =)
My ingredients:
Just add dough & indulge.

I'm supposed to have this hot Valentine's date tonight, but the only thing hot are my flashes.  This fevered girl will be spending her romantic date night in sweatpants with her sweetheart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment