Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Keen-Wah

Have you heard of this magical nutritious food? Well, I have just recently discovered it.  Okay, so  I tried it once and hated it.  I tried this recipe from my good friend Chelsey, and tried to substitute Nutritional Yeast with Baking Soda & Vinegar.  (Gross, I know.  But Google made me do it.) So my first experience literally left a bad taste in my mouth.  I've had two boxes of Quinoa (pronounced Keen-wah) sitting in my cabinet collecting dust until this week when I established a new found love for this delicious food. Yesterday, my coworker (and life partner), Marianne, offered up this delicious Quinoa-balsamic salad that her sister had made, (Laura Z.-- if this is you, I'm waiting for the recipe...) and I fell in love.

Why is quinoa so amazeballs?  It's often mistaken for a grain because it's cooked like pasta, it's texture is pasta-like, but its not pasta. Quinoa is a seed (which is great because I'm not a big fan of pasta.)  It's gluten free and packed with protein and other vital nutrients like magnesium and fiber!

Tonight I will continue my Quinoa kick with this Quinoa Stuffed Zucchini that my roomate is making me.  Hopefully this recipe goes better than my attempt. Doesn't food always taste better when someone else is cooking for you AND cleaning up the dishes??  Life is good.

I'll let you know how Jessica's dinner turned out! For now, enjoy a side of sunshine with your Quinoa (or whatever's on your dinner table!)





No comments:

Post a Comment