Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Halloween Conundrum

It's the middle of October, in case you didn't realize.  And it is time to start thinking about the holiday that I have the biggest love-hate relationship with.. Halloween.  

Hate being scared. I am a big scardy-cat.  I am scared to watch creepy commercials in broad daylight.  I run down the street to my house from my car if it's dark outside.  I haven't been in a haunted house since 2001 and I probably only went because I thought some boy was cute.  "Hocus Pocus" and "Casper" (the Devon Sawa version, obvi) and even Desperate Housewives can be too creepy for me at times.    So all this ghosts and goblins nonsense isn't really my thing. 

Love candy.  "I'll wear anything I have to wear. I'll do anything I have to do, to get the candy from these idiots who are so foolishly just giving it away."  --taken from Jerry Seinfeld's Halloween Bit.   So obviously, I have always been a fan of the candy aspect of this holiday.  I used to truck it out from start to finish, rain or shine, with my pillow sack and my winter coat just to get to as much candy as possible.  Now, I just buy my own.


Hate picking a Halloween costume.  There is just too much pressure.  Every year I have the same debate: Do I want to dress up?  Do I want to spend money on a costume?  And every year, it gets to around this time and I decide.. alright alright, I'll do it.  Reflecting on my passed Halloween costumes, I feel that I have had some pretty creative and successful costumes.  My costume career started in 2003 with my first year of college as Heidi from Tool Time (on Home Improvement.)  I would show a picture, but there's just a lot going wrong with me at this time.  2004 seems to be a lost costume year.  I don't know what went wrong here, but there is no existing evidence of what or if I dressed up.  (Unfortunately, I didn't become a Facebook member until November 2004.

In 2005, I purchased my first costume: Strawberry Shortcake which I displayed at Eastern Illinois and a Guster concert. (Top 10 most embarrassing moments being 1 of only 4 people dressed up for this show-- with Lepper, Haley, and Bando.)


 
2006- Another purchase and some misc. accessories. A Go Go Dancer in which everyone mistook me for Barbie.

 
2007- Gangster.  Which was cool because 3 Hahn Gangsters = a mafia.


2008- Hannah Montana.  How I thought this was a good idea, I'm not sure.  But Jimmy and the Osey got the best use out of that singing microphone prop I brought with me.


2009 - Victoria Secret Angel.  My ballsiest costume yet.  I am still looking for a reason to wear my wings again.  A girl never forgets her first pair of wings.

working the camera.


2010 - Betty Draper.  Candy cigs.  Deal breaker. I don't know why Giorgio didn't want to be Don.

 
2011- My very own super hero.  Face makeup was clutch & a great pulled together homemade costume to form Super T & Super K.    


Love Kari & Brett's annual Halloween party which means I have no choice, but to come up with another costume.

Maybe I should bring back my wings?  Maybe I should let my readers decide?  What should I be for Halloween this year?   Which was your favorite costume of mine in the past?


**Disclaimer** I will be at the XX concert at the Congress before the Halloween Party..  NBD

No comments:

Post a Comment