Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Laters.

All good things must come to an end.  That good thing being my crip pass that I may or may not have been abusing for the past 2 months.  I say 2 because I legitimately needed it the first month.  Though that crip parking pass cost me a grand total of $330 after fines for not understanding where I can and cannot park, I still thoroughly enjoyed our time together. It is going to be weird adjusting to the common folk city life who pay for parking and have to obey time limits.  I will probably less encouraged to drive places because I can't just leave my car all over the GD city.  Back to the slums of the CTA.  Bummer. 

The worst part of parting ways is that I actually managed to re injure my knee last week. Do you think they will give me an extension for some minor swelling? It went down like this.  I have been running a couple days a week (about 2 miles or so.)  Well on Friday, I was feeling good to be back in my running club with Leanne that I tried to push it an extra quarter mile.  That caused me to trip over my own feet and almost face plant across the sidewalk.  Instead, my bad knee took the brunt of the fall, and my hands and shoulder took the rest.  I don't think I am cut out and coordinated for this running business.  At least not anymore.  When did I get so old?   (Can I blame being a klutz on being old?  I am pretty sure I have been running into walls since I was 2.) 


So since I'm saying goodbye to people, places, spaces, and material objects these days, I'd also like to take an opportunity to happily say goodbye to:

Baseball.  This is the longest season ever and like.. who cares.  I enjoy playing and attending games, but watching it on  TV is so slow.  (Not quite as slow as golf. I don't have a clue when golf season starts or ends.)

Wedding season.  2 more to go.  I know this is still middle of the road for some people, but this years season, come November 26th, is OVA.  Unfortunately or fortunately, there will probably be twice as many next year and the following.  (I guess I'm at that age, yikes!)

Sun dresses.  Bust out your fall boots!  There's no better season for fashion than the
fall.  I love changing the clothes in my closet between the seasons.  It feels like you have a whole new wardrobe. 

September.  Still remains the worst month to ever exist.  I despise you.  I'm still waiting for something happy to happen in September. 

RIP

No comments:

Post a Comment