Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Does it get any better?

I don't feel like I've had any trouble adjusting to the time change, but that's because as Giorgio pointed out, I don't sleep anyway. Giorgio was up at like 6am. It was one for the record books! So we started our day early and conquered a lot in France yesterday. There was a lot less English speaking people, but we managed. The first stop: The train station. A man in the information booth started screaming at this other American and was pointing to his muscle threatening to him in broken English and crazy French (I didn't know you French could sound so angry). We decided to ask the women next to him for advice.Some man helped us figure out the all french train tickets and of we were off to Cap D'ail. Though we still can't agree and be sure on the pronunciation of this place, we can agree on its beauty. It is a very secluded (not private) beach that is just maybe the prettiest place on earth.
It took a lot of hiking upwards, and the climbing back down to get there, but it was worth it. (We did feel like we were on the RW/RW Challenge at one point.) This area in the Mediterranean was much cooler in the sea. Yes, I actually went into the water, but was too scared to venture out past my chin. =)

(Our nature walk)

After hours of sunbathing, swimming, and strawberry daquiris (yum) we continued forward on the train to Monaco. It was actually really dead on the streets, assuming because it was a Sunday, aside from the crazy England maniac futbol fans in the miscellaneous bars. We saw my future home-- the palace-- Made for Princessa Kelly (aka some Grace woman). There were tons and tons and tons of boats. More like Yacht city. It is unbelievable and disgusting how many of these gigantics yachts exist in this port. It also happened to be the Rendezvous of Monaco-- celebrating Yacht life for super yacht owners. We walked around til we couldn't anymore and headed back to the train station.

(look at all those yachts)!!

(my castle)
Lessons learned about the train/France: 1)You need to have change. It is important... 2 euros and 1 euro coins are necessary for train tickets. 2) European credit cards have a chip in them, so you can't use the American ones everywhere (like the train), but most other places take them. 3) You don't really need a train ticket.. its on the honor system & no one ever checks. (However, Giorgio read that if you don't buy your train ticket you will end up in jail, no questions asked. That is not on my list of things to do in France.)

We thought the whole town would be dead, due to it being Sunday, when we arrived back to Nice. We lounged for a little bit and then went on a hunt for ice cream. Thank god we did because the town was hoping. Today they held the Iron man in Nice, which apparently is a huge deal. The last few people were still finishing when we walked out by the beach at about 9 or 10pm. After the last man finished, they set off amazing fireworks (put Wheeling fireworks to shame =) ) and I appreciated them considering I doubt Barcelona will be setting off fireworks on the 4th of July. Such a perfect ending to a perfect day.

Found a way to upload my pictures!! Genius =)
Stay tuned for more adventures!!

Love you ALL!! MUAH
Xo Kel

(P.S. for those of you who are new to reading a blog, there is a comment button the bottom you can use, or you can email me at any time since I have free access to the internet from my computer in my room.)

2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised you didn't join the Iron Man

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the weather is amazing! Glad you had fun!! I am totally going to be reading during my lunch breaks:) Apparently the Wheeling fireworks were canceled this year so you won't be missing any of those on the 4th!

    ReplyDelete