Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Bear Down: It's football season

After all the rush rush and busy joys of summer, its so great to come to the lazy-as-you-want-it-to-be football season of fall.  One of the best parts of football fall are that you have the option to rally on a Thursday night or lounge on the couch all day Sunday because there are football games to be watched.  For me.. I only really care about watching the Bears, but I have no arguements about watching an extra game or two just for the excuse to be extra lazy.  Did I say no arguements? I could do without 12 straight hours of fantasy football talk. But other than that, no arguments. 
I am pretty attentive during the Bears game, so I don't like to be too productive, but during the other games I mostly enjoy making soups and stews with the other miscellaneous games on TV.  Finally the weather is breaking, not complaining because I love the heat, but I can respect the fall weather for a change of clothes and activities.  One activity being soup making.  The weather is perfect to leave the windows open and the stove top boiling all day.  This past Sunday I prepared my Crock Pot Chicken Divan for Monday (which was divine) and this Sunday I plan on whipping up some beef stew (hold the beef for me.)  Football viewing is a great excuse to just eat all day long and almost not feel guilty about it. 

Another tribute to this great and holy Sunday, people are able to get a little crazier Saturday night because it is quite possible that it is the only night of the week you have plans.  Gone are the bridal showers, family birthday parties and festing that most traditionally occur on Summer Sundays.  No one has to hold back on a Saturday because now their only Sunday plans are football. AND.. If you're lucky enough, your plans on Sunday will already include "the hair of the dog" at a Bears party!  Remember when we used to have those guys??  Let's do that again, okay? Thanks. 
 
#HeadsofTails ?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment