Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Summer Slacking

Lately its as though I've been slacking at everything in life.  Blogging, cooking, keeping my room clean.  Obviously this means the beginning of the school year and the end to another summer.  It's funny because the lack of productivity really starts in the summer when you should be cutting down your to-do lists with all your free time.  But somewhere between the pool, rehab for my knee and wedding festivities, the list has been built up and put off for quite some time now.  Since school has started again, the to-do list has been amplified and categorized as: "Home to-do lists," "Work to-do lists," "Suburb to-do lists," and "Weekend to-do lists."  It's all just very stressful.  So yes Mich, I too have an obsession with Post-its.  (I'm also convinced I'd get more done if I stopped making lists and just completed tasks as they came on.) 

Once school starts back up, you start to wonder what you did with your whole summer.  One thing that I really didn't do this summer was cook.  I'm going to chalk that one up to the never-ending heat.  Who wants to turn on a stove or oven on a 100 degree day?  As for grilling, I have two outdoor grills.  An electric grill that is slow as molasses to heat up and to cook and a good ole Weber charcoal grill.  I actually used each of these grill exactly one time this summer and decided they were just too much work.   I resorted back to my stove top grill pan which smokes up the house quite lovely.  As a result, I didn't cook very much this summer.

As school started back up, my friend Leanne started bringing in these awesome left overs for lunch which inspired me to want to look into some new recipes. Well I didn't have to look far because apparently I have a million recipes in a folder in Gmail, and another handful on pinterest and in my recipe box.  So while I was awake at 3:30am on Sunday morning, I decided it was the right time to sift through them (probably because I was trying to fight off my hunger until a reasonable breakfast time.)  I came across so many great recipes that I had once found or been sent and never made. 

That led to me being impractical about cooking dinner dinner every night.  Even though this would be wonderful in theory, I'm too lazy to make massive dinners for 1 and I'm not even home for dinner 5 days a week.  So.. if you're interested in coming over for dinner... call for your reservation =)

For now.. I've cooked one dinner since Sunday titled "Easy Garlic Chicken" that I found on Pinterest. 

Picture & Recipe taken via Pinterest from food.com
http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-garlic-chicken-5478
 

I'd like to call this recipe a little something different:

Brown Sugar & Garlic Chicken
2 pieces of boneless skiness chicken breast
1 1/2 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp brown sugar
a lot a lot of garlic (more than the recipe calls for), minced

  1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
  2. Saute the garlic in the oil for a few minutes.
  3. Remove from heat when its translucent.
  4. Mix with the brown sugar.
  5. Spray down the pan you're using. Place chicken in the pan. Pour the mixture over the chicken. (I like to put slices in the chicken so some of the juices soak in and the thick meat cooks all the way through.)
  6. Bake for 30 minutes.
Enjoy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment