Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Hello... again

Hi Strangers,

Yes.. I know I have been slacking and I know some of you may be confused as to why since summer break started for me last Tuesday.  But it always seems those first few weeks of summer are the busiest.  I've had lots to talk about, just not enough time to get it down on paper.

(I'm not going to lie to you, most of my free time has been consumed by the infamous Fifty Shades of Grey. I'm now on book two (Fifty Shades Darker) and I have to know how this twisted situation pans out.)

First of all, how is it June 5th?? (Happy Birthday G) The end of the school year just flew by & was crazy as ever with all the events for 5th graders.  I think they got more recognition and praise than I did for graduating with my Master's Degree.  Do parents know that everyone passes 5th grade?

Since I feel like I have so much to say with so little depth to elaborate on-- I'll give you the cliff notes version of what's on my blonde brain:
  1. 39.3 miles is a long way on your feet.  I just completed the Avon Breast Cancer Walk with my sister! It was very challenging and we raised lots of money!! (More details tomorrow!)
  2. I have a real problem over buying food at the grocery store which leads to anxiety.  
  3. Holy s#%!*^ Mad Men! 
  4. I ordered Brown Medical shin splint ice packs from Amazon.  These are going to be my answer, I just know it.
  5. I have not slept past 7am on my summer break so far.. not even on the weekend!
  6. We went to SPACE in Evanston and discovered this catchy and mellow artist.. Pat McKillen. I'm planning on seeing him again on June 14th @ Wrightwood Tap. 
  7. I'm in the market for a babysitting job this summer and am not having any luck =/  Anyone know of someone in need?
  8. My closet has too many jackets & dress pants in it, but no where to store them for the summer.  City storage space.. blah!  
  9. I need new running shoes & I'm excited at the hopes of running again very soon.  I was resting up my very injured legs for the walk, but now I'm ready to get back (though I'm even more injured at the moment.)
  10. I received some snail mail the other day that wasn't a Save the Date or a Wedding Shower invitation from Chris titled "She Really Wanted That Vodka"  It's short & hysterical. Read it.
  11. Why is Gossip Girl, the show in which I model my life after, being taken off the air? #doesntmakesense
  12. I went to my first cubs game of the season and they actually won! (Thanks Kim!)  It was actually pathetic though, how many people tried to give away their tickets to me at the game.  
  13. Tonight I'm making this Vinegar-Braised Chicken with Leeks & Peas from foodandwine.com that my Oma made for me.   She stole the magazine out of the doctor's office waiting room.. I just looked it up online.
  14. Is basketball still going on? HOCKEY??  When do the BEARS start?
  15. I'm going to New York this weekend with Melissssaaaaaaaaa for Melody's Baby Shower! Can't wait to be poolside at her beautiful home in the SouthHampton's!
  16. I have a stack of gift cards about 2 inches thick.  Of which include over $100 to Starbucks.  There's a lot Iced Passion Fruit Tea to be had in my life.  
  17. I can't believe Lexi is dead!!
  18. The summer construction on my street and surrounding my house are irritating.  
  19.  I really want an iPhone.  I just want instagram.  And words with friends back.. my iTouch went swimming and did not recover. I'm still mourning my loss. 
  20. I do a little celebration every time I get my user name and password correct on the first time.  There's just too many.
  21. I just found out that I have an imposter on Facebook.  I didn't really think I was that important.
  22. If you're obsessed with Call Me Maybe (like me), but haven't seen this youtube video, you don't know what you're missing. 
  23. I really need a new laptop.  Does anyone know when the new Macs are coming out?
  24. I think people bring up my birthday month extravaganza more than me... JS
Ahh..  That feels better now that it's off my chest.  Back to regular postings tomorrow.  Happy Tuesday!!  Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment